Eco – Friendly Tips & Tricks
April 22 is Earth Day! At Landers Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Norman, we love the outdoors and want to help protect our community and planet that we love so much. Being more eco-friendly is important every single day. A lot of people get confused or overwhelmed when they think about the environment and what they can personally do. So what are some changes you can make? All it takes is simply living in a way that is more mindful of the environment and our impact on it. Lucky for us all, being more aware can also save our pretty pennies. Let’s see a few simple ways to become more eco-friendly.
- Turn it off. Instead of leaving our electronics on or on standby, simply turn them off. Conserving energy is actually one of the most important things we can do to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Compost. This one can seem a bit strange, but composting your -out-of-date- food helps to create a natural fertilizer (hello green grass). This also helps to reduce the amount of waste going into our landfills.
- RECYCLE. Yes, you hear it a thousand times but this is probably one of the easiest things we can do! Before you throw something away, make sure to check whether you can recycle it or not.
- Reduce plastic. This is another easy one. You can exchange those pesky plastic grocery bags for nice reusable ones (also easier to carry without the fear of a bag breaking). Bring your own reusable cup to a coffee shop. Instead of buying water bottles, get a reusable water fill you can just fill up!
- Use LED lights. When you make the switch to LED lights, you’ll find that they will last longer than conventional ones and that they are far more efficient. You will be able to use less power and not replace those bulbs frequently.
As you can see, we only skimmed the surface of what we can do to become more eco-friendly, but we hope this is encouraging to everyone! These might seem like small steps, but collectively they can make a huge difference!