Car Buying Tips & Tricks
Have you ever felt overwhelmed even just thinking about buying a car? There is a ton that goes into it! What kind of car do I need? How much can I afford? Mileage? New? Used? The questions can seem endless. So where to even begin?
At Landers Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Norman, we work with car buyers every single day, so we know what questions and concerns you have. We have compiled some best practices to think about when you go into your car buying experience. Yes, it can be stressful, but it should be fun as well. So…here we go!
- Do your research. This is probably the most important thing you should do. It’s a huge mistake to walk onto a car lot without doing any research! Without knowing what you’re looking for, it can be a recipe for disaster. Doing your research will not only put your mind at ease, but will help you figure out what you actually want and need. Ask yourself questions like: Are you buying new or used? What kind of mileage are you looking for? Comfort? Passenger capability?
- Financing options. Most people finance through the car dealership, which makes it easy to complete the entire process at one place. Learn more about common financing questions and what kind of paperwork you’ll need to bring with you.
- Window shop. We mean it! Shop around, test drive multiple vehicles. You’ll never know what you actually like until you are in that specific vehicle.
- Terms. Be transparent with your salesperson. Tell them how much you can afford — they need to know the maximum you can spend. In the end, you are stuck with the car payment, so do what is right for you.
- Insurance cost. Factor in your insurance cost on the vehicle you are looking at. This could majorly affect your decision.
See, car buying doesn’t have to be that difficult or stressful! We hope you found encouragement through these little tips and tricks. When you’re ready to buy come see us at Landers Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Norman – we would love to help you out.